COVID in TNFA//Quarantine

 


I finally got the urge to open my lappy and scribble some words for my blog. It’s kind of strange that on this day last week, 5 of 47 trainees tested positive for covid. So, today is the one-week anniversary (if such a word exists).  

            I was pumped up during the nationwide lockdown last year. I wrote some things, read a few books, edited videos, and dabbled in photography. But now this whole week of quarantine has done me no good…or, me none to the week. I was bored as h*ll in the first 2 days due to a mild hip sprain. I couldn’t stand comfortably, walk, or, worst of all, couldn’t lie down for long. The pain eventually subsided after taking a painkiller from Shifu Nta.

            This time, Covid has had a psychological impact on me. Am I scared of dying from Covid? Not necessarily. I'm more afraid of being hospitalized here and having to live on Idli and Dosa alone than I am of being sick.

            For a long time now, I’ve been meaning to write a naked-transparent review of our stay here in Tamil Nadu. But I just can’t get the ‘kick in the shin’ inspiration YET. So, maybe I should bore you with some Covid Diaries.

            It’s funny how I have accumulated so much content in my head while still looking for all the possible distractions. I’ve watched documentaries, read books, watched movies, and so on. Now that I've begun some writings this morning, I may as well finish them (4:53 pm).

            The day after we returned from our South India tour, all of the 7th batch trainees set out to take Covid tests. We were then bombarded with the unfortunate news the following day – 5 trainees…POSITIVE! These patients were soon taken to a hospital. However, we later found out that they were only accommodated later that night. Trainees from other states wrote letters to the authorities asking that we be allowed to vacate the hostel as we felt unsafe. But that didn’t see any light.

6th April 2021 – Tamil Nadu election: Some of our fellow trainees wished to go home to cast their votes. But they wanted to leave only with assured Covid negative results. So, we went to get ourselves tested again last Saturday. 

Results-Monday- 5 more positives. Later that day, the Respected Additional Director of TNFA addressed us via Webex Meet. I shall not disclose the contents. But one thing that was repeatedly mentioned was that we would be quarantined for another week. Regular classes will resume once these quarantines have proven to be effective. But I’m not the most enthusiastic about it.

Perhaps I can come to a halt here and come up with well-brushed contents about devoiding us of any online purchase, room delivery food, restrictions in setting our feet outside the hostel building, etc. Other than these, it's all merry and gold to live here with these wonderful mates.  Later, folks. ✌✌

           

           

Comments

  1. Yes that's about right. It sucks being in isolation in a hospital alone, but food was better there.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Forest Ranger (Range Officer) chungchanga Zara kawmna

The Road to Forest Ranger (Range Officer)

SASRD Mizo Memories (2012-2016)